Thursday, May 17, 2012

TEACHING STORY


                   MY FIRST EXPERIENCE TEACHING                                                                                        IN ELEMENTERY SCHOOL OF SURYOWIJAYAN                                                                                  OF YOGYAKARTA

By Trisnawati

Became a teacher is not easy like drink water. Someone who wants to became a teacher they have to be patient and sincere to face their student who is lazy or naughty. Teacher is very important in this word, because without a teacher there is no one smart in this word. According to my friends in Unires, they said that “teacher is like sun that give light exposure to their students”. They share a lot of knowledge that they have and they teach us until we understand. Moreover, they answer when we ask them. In the other hand, not only teacher but also parents that the same way with a teacher. Furthermore, as a student have done also by their self to smarter or to improve their knowledge.

            I am studying in UMY (Muhammadiyah University of Yogyakarta). I am very glad because I can continue my study here (Yogayakarta). Moreover, in my Campus has been already practicing teaching became I teacher. It is very pleasure for me, to try teaching.  My major is English Education Department.
             This is my first time that I am going to tell my first teach in Muhammadiyah Suryowijayan Elementary School, on October 18, 2011. When the first time, I am confused because I did not have any motorcycle to go there. But at the time, I had a friends, they are so kind with me, and they want to help me to look for the motorcycle.. I was so happy because I got the motorcycle. At the first time, I got in with Aiya. She is my classmate. She is so kind and cute person. Moreover, I get in with Ratna. She is so kind person also. But in another hand, my friend who did not have motorcycle too.

At 11.00 o’clock my friends and I had arrived there in Suryowijayan Elementary School. Because we had to teach at 11.00 o’clock. Before we were going to teach, our leader in my class had divide 8 group consist of four people each group. So my groups consist of Ratih, Putri, Sani and Trisna. When we arrived there, we taught in grade 1 A class, the children is very cute and beautiful and also handsome.
I was very nervous when I would enter the class, I was afraid because I never teach before. But I think that, this is my obligation to teach so I have to keep spirit and I should not afraid but I have to keep spirit. So, First time we teach about introduction to the children, and they are very appreciated with us. 

            This was the second time that we would teach in Muhammadiyah Suryowijayan Elementary School on October 25, 2011. Today we taught not in the class but we taught in library that they usually borrow books. Today we taught about pronunciation because we thought that they have not known. But today they so naughty and did not wanted to hear us. Additionally, they used to back out from class and we so confused. Sany my group, because she was annoyed so she talk with a big voice and all of the children keep silent but after that they made a ructions again, it was very annoyed (yeahh, we have to be patient because they are still kids). In the middle of lesson there was one student cried, I did not know why she cried, but when we asked her, she said that she would back home. (Hehhee., it was funny). So I asked Ratih to let her go, and also her mama had already pick her up. 

            This was the third time that I taught in Muhammdiyah Suryowijayan Elementary School on November 1, 2011. Today we taught in library again. Sany and I came late because we had to wait a motorcycle. Actually, I get in with Nina, but at the time, she did not bring motorcycle moreover she did not tell me, so when i finished my lesson Mr.jati’s subjeck she tell me, so I hurrid up to borrow Aya’s motorcycle, but my friend Caca she did not have a motorcycle. Actually Caca used to with Sidik, but Sidik had with Nina, so I have to wait caca to get motorcycle. At the last, there was Riska so we borrowed her motorcycle, and she let her to borrow it. 
            Today, we taught about alphabet and how to pronunciation it. But because our class in library, they did not pay attention to us. Therefore, they played games Zombie in computer that is in library. We had been talkative, but they ignore it, so we just taught who wanted to study, yeah there were some students appreciate with us.
            This was the fourth time that I taught in Muhammdiyah  Suryowijaya Elementery School on November 15, 2011, today we taught  in a library again, because our class will be used by sixth class to study. Today our students are really enjoy with us and I think we had already got a connection with them, because they had already wanted to hear what we said, and they enjoyed to join our class, although there is any student that still obstinate, but we can overcame it. Today we still review about introduction and study about alphabet.

            This is the fifth time that I teach in Muhammdiyah Suryowijayan Elementery School, on November 22, 211. Today I went to there by Ratna’s motorcycle, because I did not have a motorcycle. Like usually before we star our lesson I always said “Assalamualaikum Wr..Wb” moreover they were enthusiastic to replay my salam “waalaikum salam Wr…..wb..” it very funny and nice.  Step by step they enjoy with us, and they also remember the previous lesson. But today we teach about count number and alphabet, because a lot of them still did not  know count from one until thirty and also pronunciation alphabet. They really enthusiast.

            This is my story when I was teaching. when I was teaching there was a little girl was cring, i don’know whay she was cring, and i directly asked to my boy’s student, i said like this “ becouse you are so handsome, so she is crying” becouse i said like that so he crying and i was very nervouse becouse he want to back home, and at the time, they time haven’t back home, but sany help me to be silent him. So step by step the son silent and he continoue his lesson with us his name is fauzy.  Hehhe J




1.     Learning methods and  subject of learning 
Well, I wanted to tell my learning methods when I taught in Elementary School of Suryowijayan. I taught in the class one A. They are very cute and nice. But another hand, they are very naughty and noisy. It is because they are still little child different with another class.                                                                                                  I have some learning methods that I use to teach them and also the subject.
a.       First meeting, I taught about Introduction
Here, I taught them about introduction. I told them how to introduce them self in front of their friends. The method that I used is I wrote in white board how to introduce and then I asked them to read it together at the first. After that, I asked them to read it by personal in front of their frends. They were very enthusiastic to read it. Furthermore, I asked them to introduce their self in front of their friends without saw the text. The Second meeting until the third meeting, I reviewed my previous lesson, because, I taught that they forgot about introduction. Thus, I taught them like a previous day, because it can make them remember all the day.

b.      Fourth meeting, I thought alphabet
Before, I taught about alphabet, I still reviewing the previous lesson, after that I directly taught about Alphabet. In alphabet, I taught them how to pronoun alphabet in English. I taught with the same way when I taught in introduction. But, in alphabet, I had a different method. The method is, after teaching I asked them one by one to pronoun their name in English. I taught until two times of meeting. In the last of meeting, I made exercise in the last lesson.

c.       In the next Meeting, I taught about Number
I taught them about number, one until fifteen, because I think that, they are still child and it is very difficult to them if I gave a lot. So, I just gave until 15, because it is would be oke for them. The method that I used to teach is the same with the previous lesson. But here, I asked them to count the number one by one person in front of class. I taught about number until two meeting.
d.      In the next meeting, I taught about Day
Like usually, before starting my next lesson, I always review my previous lesson. Why? Because, I wish they would not forget about the lesson.  My method that I use was singing, I asked them to sing with me or with my group about the day. After that, I asked them to read the day in front class that I had already written in the white board. I taught about Day until three day.
e.       In the next meeting, I taught about color
Like usually before starting my lesson, I used to repeat my previous lesson. My method that I used to teach was I show to them a thing that has a color in it background. For example, when I said red, I show my veil that color is red and they easily answer what I mean. So, I taught like the one during the color finished to say.
N/B : every lesson, in the last of meeting ( two days later) I used to do Exercise to them, because with the exercise I want to show their ability for the lesson.
2.     The student’s situation when I taught
a.       At the first meeting, the situation is no really well. At the time, I taught about Introduction, they were very shy to pronoun it, and they did want to say, because they said that they can not to speak it. In the class, they were very noisy like in the supermarket. They go in and out class, like a cat which wants to look for a mouse. My group and I try to quiet the class, but the result is zero.
b.      The second meeting, I had to try to teach them again. In this meeting, I had been firm person to face them. When they make noisy, I directly tell with a big firm voice, so they became scare and they keep silent. They were very nice and they so cute.
c.       In the next meeting, the situation is very different with another day. They more comfortable with us, and so do we. They are very enthusiastic for the lesson that I gave and also they more confidence to try in front of class, to pronoun it.
d.      The conclusion is, they very enjoy when my group and I taught them, they were very enthusiastic. Moreover, they were spirit and over confidence to try how to pronoun in front class. Furthermore, they more spirit when they did their exercise that we gave. Also they were very happy when they got a good score.  

3.     The weakness in teaching
In my opinion, I think I do not have any weakness when I taught them. Because when I taught them, they were not really naughty as senior high school or junior high school. Moreover, I have told a lot of my experience on the top.
So I am just be happy to teach them. Furthermore, taught in Elementary School, even less they are first class of Elementary school, we just only need a time to make a good communication with them. So, after that all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment